Student Council is a civic organization that is designed to help promote school spirit and leadership among students.
Students participating in all levels of Student Council will maintain a high standard of personal conduct. Council members will demonstrate leadership qualities by serving as good examples of behavior through their words and actions.
All Council members will be expected to participate in approved activities, which will serve to enhance the quality of both the physical and behavioral environment of the school.
The purpose of Student Council is to:
- Develop positive attitudes and practice good citizenship.
- Promote harmonious relations throughout the entire school.
- Improve student/faculty relationships.
- Improve school morale and general welfare.
- Povide a forum for student expression.
- Plan special events or projects.
Objectives of the Student Council are to:
- Provide a democratic forum in which students can address school-related issues that affect their lives.
- Maintain open communication between students and school staff.
- Train students in the duties and responsibilities of good citizenship.
Student Council will be involved in many community projects:
- School beautification, such as clean-up, painting, repairing, etc.
- Community service, such as food drives, recycling projects, clothing drives, etc.
- Student opinion polls, Student Council newsletter, etc.