As you plan for the upcoming school year, please note that according to the School Code of Illinois, all children entering pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, 6th grade or who are new to Illinois schools must submit a State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination with a recent physical examination, health history, proof of up-to-date immunizations, a blood lead test or screening, and diabetic screening no earlier than the first of the year in which their child is enrolled. The State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination should be submitted on or before the first day of school.
Recent immunization requirements in addition to immunizations previously required:
- All children entering a child care facility, preschool, pre-kindergarten or early childhood program must have Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) vaccination series (not required after 5th birthday).
- All children entering a child care facility, preschool, pre-kindergarten or early childhood program must have invasive pneumococcal (PCV) vaccination series (not required after 5th birthday).
- All children entering kindergarten through 12th grade must show proof of having had two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine at appropriately schedule intervals, or laboratory evidence of disease immunity.
- Any child entering kindergarten, 6th grade or 9th grade for the first time must show proof of having received two doses of varicella vaccine or proof of prior varicella disease or laboratory evidence of varicella immunity. Children entering 6th grade must show proof of having three doses of appropriately scheduled hepatitis B vaccine or laboratory evidence of prior or current infection.
- Children entering 6th grade must show proof of having received one dose of Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) regardless of the interval since the last DTaP, DT or Td dose.
- Students entering grades 7 through 12 who have not already received Tdap are required to have one Tdap regardless of the interval since the last DTaP, DT or Td dose.
- All students entering 6th grade must also show proof of having received one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4). Students entering 12th grade must show proof of having had two doses of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4) unless the first dose was administered to a child who was 16 years of age or older, in which case only one dose would be required at 12th grade entrance.
Any student in 6th, 7th or 8th grade trying out for an interscholastic team or cheerleading must have a separate athletic physical examination form on record with the school PRIOR to tryouts. Current athletic physical examination forms are required each year for all students participating in interscholastic sports and cheerleading.
Students entering kindergarten or new to Illinois schools must also submit a recent State of Illinois Eye Examination report no earlier than the first of the year in which their child is enrolled. Proof of School Dental Examination forms must also be submitted for the 2016-17 school year by May 15, 2017 for kindergarten, 2nd grade and 6th grade students.
All health forms required for school can be found on the school website under the Health Office section and Registration section. These forms can also be obtained from the front office. Please be sure to start scheduling appointments so that required forms can be completed before the start of the school year. Please do not hesitate to call the health office with any questions.