Dear Culver Families,
School’s start is just around the corner - Wednesday, August 28th is our official first day of student attendance for 1st through 8th grade. The first day of school for kindergarten and preschool will be Friday, August 30th. Please see the important attachments, detailing upcoming events.
Registration and Residency Dates are as follows:
August 13: Last Names A-J from 2:00-7:00pm
August 14: Last Names K-Z from 2:00-7:00pm
August 15: New Families from 9:00am-1:00pm
Please see the attachment for more Registration/Residency information.
Health Updates: All preschool, kindergarten, sixth grade students and students new to an Illinois school must have a current health examinations and proof of immunizations on file with the school by October 15th. Additional health requirements are included in the link here.
School Supplies: Please be sure to check our website for your child’s school supplies. You can access the school supply list on the link here, or go to our school website, located under the Parents tab to see the supply list for kindergarten through eighth grade students. Unfortunately, it is too late to purchase a SchoolKidz through the PTA. Preschool students do not have a supply list.
Class Lists: We will post class lists after 3:00 on Monday, August 26th. We will open the Power School portal at this time, as well, so you can view your child’s schedule.
School Calendar: Our school calendar is also posted on our website at the link here. It includes beginning and end of year dates, all days off and all early releases.
Bus Routes: Our bus routes for the 2019-2020 school year are posted on our school website under the Parents tab. You can also find the routes the link here.
Kindergarten Parent Info Night: Parents, please join us on Wednesday, August 28th at 5:30PM in the Board Room, where the teachers will provide you with information about kindergarten and answer some of your first day questions.
Preschool Parent Info Night: Parents, please join us on Wednesday, August 28th at 6:30PM to learn about our free preschool program from our preschool teachers! As part of our Preschool For All program, the school will provide all school supplies for our students, and this evening is a great time for you to bring a change of clothes and diapers/pull-ups and wipes for students who are not yet potty trained.
Thirsty for Thursday: Beginning next Thursday, August 15th, you will start receiving the weekly Culver bulletin, titled Thirsty for Thursday. This weekly document highlights Culver happenings, important dates, and opportunities for school connections.
Student Drop Off: Safety is our number one priority for student pick up and drop off. We encourage students to take the bus as much as possible. Taking advantage of the free transportation alleviates traffic congestion.
If you decide to drop off your child, please follow these guidelines:
- Please pull around the circle drive rather than parking in the lot and walking your child to the building.
- Please pull all the way up and drop off on the right side of your car. This is absolutely essential for smooth drop off and pick up.
- During the winter months, when traffic is at its worst, we encourage you to not walk your child to the door. Walking your child to the door is very dangerous with all the incoming and outgoing traffic.
- If you need to visit the main office, please park in the north side of parking lot in the spots designed for visitors, and walk to the building.
- Cell phone use is illegal in all school zones.
- The school doors remain open until drop off is complete; your child will not be waiting outside. There are adults at the doors. There is no need to walk your child to the door.
Most importantly, we are so excited to welcome your children to Culver in just a few weeks. Please reach out to our main office with any questions.